Re: gpl licensing

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: gpl licensing
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 12:42:54 +0100

Aragorn <stryder@telenet.invalid> writes:

> On Saturday 02 December 2006 13:42, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra stood up and
> addressed the masses in /gnu.misc.discuss/ as follows...:
>
>> [...]
>>
>> Oh, and don't pay attention to Alexander, remember this is a GNU
>> list/newsgroup so isn't it weird that someone hangs around here trying
>> to destroy the very purpose of this list or of Free Software?
>
> I'm still new to this group myself and I will therefore not jump to
> any conclusions, least of all calling people a troll without further
> and sufficient evidence.  From what I could make up so far,
> Alexander seems to be someone who doesn't like GPLv3, but that's all
> I know at this stage.

GPL in any version, and the FSF and all its members and associates in
particular.  Don't let yourself be surprised if he posts references
that seem to indicate otherwise: in his rather bizarre views they
don't.  That is the reason that he enthusiastically posts all details
of ongoing court cases, then getting completely baffled by the actual
verdicts, calling the judges drunk, insane, brain-washed and other
things because he can't reconcile the verdicts with his interpretation
of the proceedings of the case.