Re: gpl licensing

From: John Hasler
Subject: Re: gpl licensing
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 15:54:17 -0600

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra writes:
> I think that the right to bear arms and gun-nut aren't quite the same
> thing.

They are quite different, though the anti-gun lobby tries hard to equate
them.

> In the case of the USA, the ammendment in question is rather more
> important when put into focus that that right exists mainly so that the
> citizens can defend themselves against a government gone extremely wrong.

> This extremely should read as: what GWB has been doing is planting roses,
> in comparison.

The main difficulty is that by the time a government has gone that far
wrong the right to bear arms will be history.  Thus it is necessary for
someone to defend the right under conditions where no one sees any need for
it.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org