Re: 'It's just a f*cking kernel...'

From: Geico Caveman
Subject: Re: 'It's just a f*cking kernel...'
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 03:01:55 -0500

John Hasler wrote:

> Geico Caveman writes:
>> I agree that Microsoft would be very very serious trouble if they were
>> caught doing this but they can decide if they want to be caught doing it,
>> which makes the fear irrelevant.
>
> Does the phrase "whistle blower" ring a bell?  Microsoft has employees.
> Many of those employees are going to know or suspect about the
> infringement.  Some are going to become disgruntled and quit or be
> fired...

Which is what I said initially - one would find out about such illegal
activities only if an employee spilled the beans. And even in that case, I
am not sure that it could lead to legal proceedings - violation of
non-disclosure agreement on that employee's part would poison the entire
process of discovery.