Re: Does it do that?

From: Trevis Rothwell
Subject: Re: Does it do that?
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 10:25:06 -0500

On 4/30/07, Alexander Terekhov <terekhov@web.de> wrote:

Trevis Rothwell wrote:
[...]
> Selling the software itself is certainly one option, and some people
> may even pay money for a copy of your software even if it's free.

Wow, what a great business plan!

Probably not.  I didn't claim it was.  I did claim, as you quoted,
that "some people may even pay money for a copy of your software even
if it's free", and I stand by that claim.  The fact that most people
won't is why anyone interested in profiting via writing free software
should explore other options.