Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- Luis Villa's GPL v3 Q&A (PART 1)

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- Luis Villa's GPL v3 Q&A (PART 1)
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 14:07:32 +0200

http://tieguy.org/blog/2007/06/26/gpl-v3-the-qa-part-1-the-license/

---------
GPL v3, the Q&A: part 1- the license

Q: So why are we here?

A: At the end of this week, after 16 years, the Free Software Foundation
should bless version three of the GNU General Public License, the sequel
to what is arguably the most widely used and most impactful copyright
license ever.1 Quite literally everyone who makes software - open,
proprietary, or web - needs to understand the v3 and figure out if it is
evolutionary, revolutionary, or DOA, and how it impacts them as a
potential contributor, consumer, cooperator or competitor. This is my
small contribution towards that understanding.

Q: Can you summarize this Q&A in a haiku?

new license rolls in
stormcloud- large, complex, strong, dense
scares, but should bring rain

(I really, really wanted to use “Snuffleupagus” in that, but sadly that
doesn’t leave many syllables for imagery.)

Q: Why did you feel the need to summarize in haiku?