Re: Gnash Question...

From: David Golden
Subject: Re: Gnash Question...
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 13:17:21 +0100

 FiachraFiachra@gmail.com wrote:
> I hope i make sense.  If anyone could enlighten me in plain english i
> would be most grateful and promise to learn all the techytalk in the
> meantime...

As Ciaran has pointed out, gnash is analogous to the Flash _Player_,
not a Flash "authoring tool" / IDE .   There IS nowadays a loose
collection of mostly-open-source tools that come together to make a
rough-and-ready flash development environment, but it is geared
towards "programmer" style interactions much more than the
"arty" official and closed source Adobe (was macromedia) tools:
http://osflash.org/getting_started_with_fames

(That site also contains a lot of further info on flash
tools and the flash community.)