Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- FSF: "A Quick Guide to GPLv3"

From: rjack
Subject: Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- FSF: "A Quick Guide to GPLv3"
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 14:11:54 -0500

James White wrote:
I'm sorry, but I just couldn't read much past this totally asinine statement:

"Nobody should be able to stop you from writing any code that want,
***and GPLv3 protects this right for you***."

When were the GPL folks given the right to write and establish what
IS the LAW?

God pointed his finger at his annointed prophet Richard Stallman

http://linux.ues.edu.sv/servidor/maracosas/bruno2d/richard-stallman.jpg

and intoned "Thou art the leader of all things programmed. Go forth and spread the word".

And R.M.S. ventured forth and spake "Let there be copyleft"! And there was copyleft and the Lord saw that it was good.

The Lord then commanded, "Collect donations from your gullible worshipers and venture forth to all the countries of the world and sample the lavish food and wine whilst delivering the word. And Richard grew fat and happy during all his days.

:)