Re: Dismissal with prejudice is normal

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Dismissal with prejudice is normal
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 15:12:53 +0200

Tim Smith wrote:
> In article <address@hidden>,
>  Alexander Terekhov <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > What's the point?  Verizon's subcontractor made the source available:
> >
> > What does that have to do with the lawsuit against Verizon? Actiontec is
> > not a party to that "settled" lawsuit to begin with. SFLC sued Verizon,
> > not Actiontec.
> How do you know the settlement wasn't that Verizon would have their
> subcontractor, Actiontec, make the code available?
> > >
> > >    <>
> >
> > The code was made available by Actiontec prior to lawsuit. Yet SFLC sued
> > Verizon.
> It wasn't on that page in August 2007.  The suit was filed in December
> 2007.  The Internet Archive doesn't have any copies of the page between
> August 2007 and today, but the item on the page for the code says it was
> released in January, 2008, which is well after the suit was filed.
> Thus, it appears that source was not available, then SFLC sued, then
> source became available, and SFLC dropped the suit.

Looking on Actiontec's "Support: Open Source" website
( []), I see the

GPL Code Download is available for the following Actiontec products:
Wireless Broadband Router Model MI424WR

The following is the portion of the Actiontec source code for the
MI424WR Products.

List of modules:

Release Date Filename
11/27/2007 actiontec_opensrc_mi424wr.tar.gz

Hmmm... looks like Actiontec is at least attempting to honor the
license. I haven't researched what's in the tarball, but at least it's

So, again, why is SFLC suing Verizon?

too, whereas GNU cannot.)