Re: When is a GPL program which runs in a web site 'conveyed'?

From: Hyman Rosen
Subject: Re: When is a GPL program which runs in a web site 'conveyed'?
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 17:03:56 -0400

John Hasler wrote:
It doesn't bind them.  It grants permission to them.

I believe that the skeptics think that the provisions
of the GPL that require you to do stuff don't apply
while the permission it grants you to do stuff does.

It's like vampires. They can't come into your house
unless you invite them, but once you do, they don't
have to listen when you ask them to leave.

The only way we'll know for sure is as code grabbers
get sued and stay in the case until it's decided.
This has already happened several times in Germany,
and the GPL has been upheld. It's difficult to see
how any court would decide otherwise, but I guess
one can be blinded by hatred.