Re: C++ equivalent to spaghetti code

From: Willem
Subject: Re: C++ equivalent to spaghetti code
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 20:40:24 +0000 (UTC)

James Kanze wrote:
) Yes.  Commercial can be used in several senses (and I'm not sure
) of the usual English usage here).  There's a lot of software
) written in C that is commercial in the sense that it is sold
) (i.e. commercial as opposed to free software).  What I was
) talking about, however, was the application domain.  You can't
) really do accounting in C, for example, because it has neither a
) built in decimal type (like Cobol), nor operator overloading on
) user defined types (like C++).  More generally, C is pretty bad
) for text handling as well.

In other words: There cannot be any commercial applicaiton written in C,
because in your view it is not well suited to one or two application
types you can think of.

Your argument is fundamentally flawed in two entirely separate, both
equally valid ways.

- That it is not the most well suited does not imply that it is impossible
  that commercial software is written in it.
- There are many more commercial application types than the few you
  mentioned.

It may be that you're trolling though.  It is a very nice blanket statement
you made, one that will rile many people, and with a lot of wiggle room.

SaSW, Willem
            drugged or something..
#EOT