Re: GPL traitor !

From: Hyman Rosen
Subject: Re: GPL traitor !
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 14:10:05 -0400

Alexander Terekhov wrote:
How about Larry, Hyman? (Larry Rosen.

He's wrong too, regardless of whom he advises. I do not see
where anyone has taken his advice and has copied GPLed software
in a way that he claims is permitted but which I claim is not.

It is manifestly clear from the text of the GPL that it grants
permission to make a covered work part of a single combined program
only if that program as a whole is licensed under the GPL; that is
one of the most fundamental aspects of the GPL. Attempting to read
other parts of the same license as vitiating this fundamental aspect
is self-serving on the part of those who dislike this aspect of the
GPL, but that's all it is, and it is wrong.

You, as one of those self-serving dislikers of the contagious aspect
of the GPL, will continue to believe as you do, and you will be wrong.