Re: GPL traitor !

From: Joerg Schilling
Subject: Re: GPL traitor !
Date: 19 May 2009 22:08:52 GMT

In article <address@hidden>,
Alexander Terekhov  <address@hidden> wrote:

>Hyman Rosen wrote:
>>
>> Alexander Terekhov wrote:
>> > How about Larry, Hyman? (Larry Rosen.
>>
>> He's wrong too, regardless of whom he advises. I do not see
>> where anyone has taken his advice and has copied GPLed software
>> in a way that he claims is permitted but which I claim is not.
>
>Go tell it to Cisco, Broadcom and others who ship proprietary modules
>linked into the aggregate together with the GPL'd stuff.

Also remember Veritas.....

Veritas shipped a modified version of GNU tar that was linked against
closed sourse libraries delivered together with the otherwise slightly
modified source.

The FSF did never sue Veritas, guess why....

--
EMail:address@hidden (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
      address@hidden            (uni)