Re: Fw: [FSF] FSF Settles Suit Against Cisco

From: Rjack
Subject: Re: Fw: [FSF] FSF Settles Suit Against Cisco
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 12:19:18 -0400

Alan Mackenzie wrote:
John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> wrote:
Alan Mackenzie writes:
This news is particularly welcome here, since it makes it that much harder for those with unconventional modes of thinking to distort the reality in the mailing list.

You would think so, wouldn't you?  Soon enough we'll be told that
 the judge was drunk or some such nonsense.

Look's like I was wrong, for once.  It took Rjack "I won't admit to
 being a lawyer" sadly little time to post what he would have liked
 to happen as though it had actually happened.

Ahhhh... What actually happened? Were you a neutral witness to the
"settlement agreement" between Cisco and FSF? Perhaps you have read a
signed and docketed copy of the settlement agreement?

When there is no docketed settlement agreement and the plaintiff
dismisses his case WITH PREDJUDICE, then you think the plaintiff is
entitled to his unchallenged version of success?

"Capitulation or settlement is the practical equivalent of success.
Surrender by the plaintiff should be treated similarly." Szabo Food
Service, Inc. v. Canteen Corp., 823 F.2d 1073, 1081 (7th Cir. 1987).

Sincerely,
Rjack :)