Re: GPL traitor !

From: Rjack
Subject: Re: GPL traitor !
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 07:02:36 -0400

Hyman Rosen wrote:
Rjack wrote:
The revulsion you demonstrate for 17 USC 301 clearly foretells
its potential to destroy your dreams of creating new copyrights through contractual fiat. Cavalierly dismissing it as "idiocy"
won't make it go away though.

No, no - I'm not dismissing 17 USC 301 as idiocy, I'm dismissing your ludicrous opinion that it applies to the GPL as idiocy. The GPL is a copyright license and it operates under normal federal copyright law. Your unwillingness to recognize this and the resultant twisting and spinning required to justify it is what demonstrates your idiocy.

Yeah...

"Although the United States Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C.  101-
1332, grants exclusive jurisdiction for infringement claims to the
federal courts, those courts construe copyrights as contracts and
turn to the relevant state law to interpret them."; Automation by
Design, Inc. v. Raybestos Products Co., 463 F.3d 749, (United
States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit 2006).

Sincerely,
Rjack