Re: a list of software compiled by completely free toolchain

From: Rjack
Subject: Re: a list of software compiled by completely free toolchain
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 18:21:06 -0500

Alan Mackenzie wrote:
Rjack <user@example.net> wrote:
Alan Mackenzie wrote:

Python (if I am not right, I am sure there exist other
examples of this case) as of now seems to still depend on
Visual C being compiled on Windows and still causing problems
being compiled with MinGW.

Is that really true?  Aren't there any free C compilers native
to Windows?  Hasn't GCC been targeted at Windows native?

For a freely licensed C compiler try the pcc compiler at http://pcc.ludd.ltu.se/ .

You can also try clang at http://clang.llvm.org/ .

Thanks.  I didn't know about these.

With a year, GCC will be replaced in the superior BSD flavored operating systems.

By one of the two compilers above, perhaps?  Which of the BSD
flavoured systems rate as the superior ones, by the way?

All of them.

Sincerely,
Rjack