Re: PJ lies about Terekhov--again

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: PJ lies about Terekhov--again
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 19:51:51 +0000 (UTC)

In gnu.misc.discuss Rjack <user@example.net> wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie wrote:

>> ?  That's pure nastiness, pure bile from a gutless poster, Rjack, who
>> probably wouldn't say boo to a goose if the goose could see him
>>  and squawk back.

> P.J. runs a popular blog on an internet with a potential audience of
> billions of souls. She attacks people's views and reputations with pure
> nastiness and pure bile from her gutless psyche.

Is that so?  Yes, she attacks people, but that is largely a counterattack
in defence of free software, the grand theme of the blog since it began.
I don't recall Groklaw attacking anybody out of pure spite.  There have
been innocentish people who were attacked carelessly when the crusading
Zeal overflowed, but pure bile?  Perhaps you could be more specific about
whom and when.

> She deserves to be called out as a liar in the strongest of terms.

She deserves to be called a liar if and only if she tells lies.  Not just
white lies, or accidental mistakes (which we all make), or disagreeing
with the denizens of this mailing list on the state of USA law, or
anything like that, but malicious falsehoods designed to hurt others.  If
you're calling somebody a liar, you should be able to substantiate an
example of her lying.  Please do so.

> Alan, if you and your girlfriend Pammy don't want people to trash your
> sorry asses why not cease trashing them on Groklaw? Just STFU. No?

As you'll be fully aware, I don't post much on Groklaw.  Just for the
record, I only post there under my own name.

> P.J. may have more of an excuse than you Alan, since her last post
> concerning Alexander demonstrates a diminished capacity for coherent
> reasoning.

You may be right, there.  What's she doing giving weight, no matter how
little, to the "legal opinion" of a foreign software engineer?  In this
regard, I have done nothing for which an excuse is called.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).