Re: SFLC in frivolous mode again

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: SFLC in frivolous mode again
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 16:19:22 +0100

Hyman Rosen wrote:

> On 12/16/2009 9:42 AM, Alexander Terekhov wrote:
> > Hyman Rosen wrote:
> >> Here:<http://opensource.actiontec.com/>
> > The distributor of the binary download is V-E-R-I-Z-O-N not
> > actiontec.com, silly.
>
> The link on the Verizon website is to
> <http://download.verizon.net/webdownload/firmware/upgrades/actiontec%20gateway/4.0.16.1.56.0.10.7-MI424WR.rmt>
> which references an "actiontec gateway".

Man oh man, "actiontec gateway" is how they call the router boxes,
idiot.

http://newscenter.verizon.com/press-releases/verizon/2008/next-generation-home-gateways.html

"Next-Generation Home Gateways Will Leverage Verizon FiOS Capacities,
Enable Dynamic Networked Services Inside the Home

July 23, 2008 – NEW YORK - In a move that will make the FiOS experience
even better and more exciting for residential customers, Verizon is
upgrading the capabilities of its in-home network equipment to provide
more capacity, higher speeds and many other benefits.

The company announced that new broadband routers, designed to Verizon's
specifications by Actiontec and Westell, will boost in-home speeds over
coaxial cable to up to 175 megabits per second (Mbps) from 75 Mbps and
allow operation of multiple simultaneous Wi-Fi networks.  For example,
customers will be able to modify security settings on each network,
allowing a Wi-Fi network for guests and visitors, one with parental
controls for young users, one for computers holding secure documents, or
one for teleworking only.  The new routers will be ready for deployment
in the third quarter.  "

regards,
alexander.

--