Re: Pee Jay says silence is golden

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Pee Jay says silence is golden
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 19:39:35 +0000 (UTC)

In gnu.misc.discuss RJack <user@example.net> wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie wrote:

>> I suggest you email all these lawyers to point out the fraud you
>> allege.

> I am quite busy with grandkids this week but I an aware of other's
> efforts to do that very thing wrt the legal departments of the fourteen
> corporate defendants.

Hope you have a good week with the little terrors.

> I suspect Erik Andersen has stepped on his weenie this time. All
> charades have to end eventually. It's tough to have your bluff called.
> Paying fourteen legal firms attorney fees because of a fraudulent
> copyright claim could be very expensive.

We shall see, in the fullness of time.  However, it's not a fraudulent
claim.  It would appear that busybox's copyright has been violated, and
Erik Andersen is a copyright holder.  If a case is dismissed on a
technicality, that isn't fraud.

However, if your view of the case were accurate, the SFLC wouldn't have
Started it in the first place.

I suspect the usual thing will happen, there will be a settlement with
each defendent involving it coming into compliance with the GPL,
appointing a compliance officer, and paying an unspecified sum in
damages.

Further speculation seems pointless.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).