Re: [News] SFLC Responds to Copyright Misconceptions, Presents Moglen

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: [News] SFLC Responds to Copyright Misconceptions, Presents Moglen Talk
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 19:11:32 +0100

David Kastrup wrote:
[...]
> > BSD "copyright" didn't "come to cease" (it's too early for expiration
> > and I'm unaware of any abandonment/dedications to the public domain of
> > the BSD'd works) on the BSD'd portions that Apple changed unless
> > Apple's changes resulted in a complete removal of BSD'd protected
> > expression.
>
> Ah, so that means that according to your legal theories, we have a
> "joint copyright" situation for those portions, and anybody can take any

It's quite reasonable to expect that Apple's BSD layer fork known as
Darwin http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_(operating_system) work may
well contain "joint copyright" portions, dak.

I know this whole material is too complicated to grok for someone of
your intellectual capacity...

Hey GNUtian dak, BTW:

http://www.tug.org/interviews/kastrup.html

"Please note that shareware is not free software. The principal problem
with free software as a business model is that there really is little in
the way of bootstrapping it. Programmers tend to be “mad scientists” to
some degree or other, and TeX programming mostly has attraction for the
worst of those. This means that you often have people with a bad
judgment concerning business requirements and project management and
time planning and customer interaction. For proprietary software, this
is less of a problem: if you are the only supplier for a marketable
product, poor market interaction does not kill your business prospects.
In a free software market, however, being the developer of a product
gives you just a headstart for marketing your own product, but it does
not put anybody else out of the race. "

(LOL)

Don't you know that

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html

"“Market”

It is misleading to describe the users of free software, or the software
users in general, as a “market.”"

right, GNUtian dak?

regards,
alexander.

P.S. "It is just like a suit to enforce a copyright license, which
arises under state law rather than under the Copyright Act. "

Hyman's lovin' http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Gaiman_v._McFarlane

P.P.S. "the registered work is a compilation"

Hyman's lovin' http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Gaiman_v._McFarlane

--
http://gng.z505.com/index.htm
too, whereas GNU cannot.)