Re: A simple question

From: RJack
Subject: Re: A simple question
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 11:18:15 -0500

Alan Mackenzie wrote:
Hi, Rjack,

In gnu.misc.discuss RJack <user@example.net> wrote:
I have a simple question. The United States Copyright Act, 17 USC
sets out what comprises copyright infringement:

"? 501. Infringement of copyright

[ 24 lines of legal text snipped. ]

The following doesn't seem to be a simple question at all:

How can someone infringe on another's copyrighted work without violating one the specific exclusive rights as described in
sections 106 through 122 and section 106(A)? The answer to this
question could resolve many disagreements among open source license
debaters.

Maybe it could, maybe it can't.  You'd get a better quality of debate
if you posted the question on a legal forum.

MAYBE frogs wouldn't bump their asses IF they had wings.

I can personally imagine no situation where the above quoted
section would a allow a charge of infringement without actually
violating one of the enumerated exclusive rights.

Neither can I, to be honest. But that's mainly because I'm not interested in the minutiae of a foreign country's somewhat arcane copyright statutes.

Why not then, just... STFU?

Like I said, you'd be better posting the question on a USA legal
forum, not gnu.misc.discuss.

Since you're not the moderator of this group, I'm fairly sure that you
fully understand that I don't really give a rat's fuck what you think
about my posting in this group.

Why not trot down to your elite foreign library and find that "misc" is
a common abbreviation for the word "miscellaneous". Next, take down a
copy of the Oxford English Dictionary and feast your condescending eyes
on the definition of the word "miscellaneous".

Your pathetic whining because you can't censor what is posted in this
"miscellaneous" newsgroup is just that -- pathetic.

Sincerely,
RJack :)

         Have a nice day Alan!
      _                         _