gnu-misc-discuss
[Top][All Lists]
Advanced

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [LOL] Hey Alan, Pee Jay's mind is going to explode soon


From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: [LOL] Hey Alan, Pee Jay's mind is going to explode soon
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 16:13:01 -0000

Alan Mackenzie wrote:
> 
> Alexander Terekhov <address@hidden> wrote:
> 
> [ snip ]
> 
> If there was any meaning, any point made in the snipped "material", it
> totally escapes me.  Any chance you might like to restate your point in a
> concise and clear paragraph?  I'm assuming that you had some point to
> make.

The point is the following, silly Alan.

PJ wrote on Saturday, April 03 2010 @ 05:44 PM EDT:

-----
I think you are not understanding each other.
I think he meant Terekhov. 

He [Terekhov] is only significant if it turns out he's 
[Terekhov is] behind things like Psystar and Dan Wallace's
equally failed attack on the GPL. 
-----

Anonymous replied on Thursday, April 08 2010 @ 07:46 AM EDT:

-----
PJ, don't you think that Terekhov is behind Versa-Bosch-Humax-
Western Digital-Samsung attack on the GPL as well?

See 1:09-cv-10155-SAS Software Freedom Conservancy, Inc. v. Best 
Buy Co., Inc. et al.

Versa:

"On information and belief, Defendant alleges that Plaintiffs’ 
claims are barred, limited and/or excluded on the grounds that 
the alleged license at issue in this case and/or certain provisions 
contained therein are illegal, unconscionable and barred by public 
policy as well as by statutory and case law."

Bosch:

"The GNU General Public License, Version 2, as alleged by Plaintiffs, 
is not enforcable."

Humax:

"Plaintiffs are not entitled to the relief sought because their 
actions constitute a misuse of the copyright."

Western Digital:

"Plaintiffs claims are barred by the first sale doctrine."

"Plaintiffs’ claims for relief are barred by the First Sale
doctrine."

Samsung:

"As a further, separate and distinct Ninth Affirmative Defense to 
the Complaint and each claim for relief alleged therein, Defendant 
alleges that Plaintiffs’ claims are barred by the doctrine of 
copyright misuse. Defendants are informed and believe, and on that 
basis allege, that Plaintiffs’ claims are barred because Plaintiffs 
have used the alleged copyrights at issue in this case to engage in 
anticompetitive behavior under United States law."

"As a separate and distinct Twelfth Affirmative Defense and each 
claim for relief alleged therein, Defendant alleges that Plaintiffs’ 
claim for copyright infringement is barred under at least the 
provisions of 17 U.S.C. § 109(a), as Defendant was licensed and any 
copies alleged to be infringing were, therefore, lawfully made." "
-----

Anonymous added on Thursday, April 08 2010 @ 07:55 AM EDT:

-----
Westinghouse:

"Plaintiffs’ claims for relief are barred by the First Sale
doctrine." "
-----

Got it now, silly Alan?
 
regards,
alexander.
        
P.S. "Every computer program in the world, BusyBox included, exceeds the
originality standards required by copyright law."

Hyman Rosen <address@hidden> The Silliest GPL 'Advocate'

P.P.S. "Of course correlation implies causation! Without this 
fundamental principle, no science would ever make any progress."

Hyman Rosen <address@hidden> The Silliest GPL 'Advocate'

--
http://gng.z505.com/index.htm 
(GNG is a derecursive recursive derecursion which pwns GNU since it can 
be infinitely looped as GNGNGNGNG...NGNGNG... and can be said backwards 
too, whereas GNU cannot.)


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]