Re: The 9th Circuit just made most of us criminals.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: The 9th Circuit just made most of us criminals.
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 16:01:08 -0000

RJack <user@example.net> writes:

> On 9/11/2010 12:00 PM, David Kastrup wrote:
>> RJack<user@example.net>  writes:
>
>> Puts a bullet through Alexander's strange "once it was not provably
>> an illegal copy, I can do whatever I want with it without heeding the
>> agreement under which I had been entitled to make a copy" theory.
>
> Puts a bullet in the hands of thousands of GPL software developers
> to demand ownership of the shiny platters on your hard drive or
> the flash ram in your new Kingston SSD.

Seems like you are confused again.  This verdict was _for_ the
plaintiff, the copyright holder, not against it.

And nobody ever said that a copyright holder can ever claim ownership of
the media on which copies have been made by anybody else.  You have the
right to demand the copies getting removed.  Or, for write-once media,
for the copies getting destroyed.  But not for them to be handed over.

Nobody ever claimed that except perhaps gremlins in that washed-out mind
of yours.

--
David Kastrup