Re: Stallman calls for an end to file sharing war

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Stallman calls for an end to file sharing war
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 16:02:26 -0000

In gnu.misc.discuss RJack <user@example.net> wrote:
> On 9/25/2010 5:55 AM, David Kastrup wrote:

>> By the time the stuff started being performed, the copyright even for
>> today's standards (70 years after author's death) in civilized
>> countries (those without Disney-controlled perpetual copyright
>> extension laws) would have run out.  Of course it is utterly unlikely
>> that the

> In an "uncivilized" country like the United States, Gene Krupa and Roy
> Eldridges' "Drum Boogie" composed in 1941 would still enjoy copyright
> protection today. Tell me DAK, in an obviously more "civilized" country
> like Germany, would the documents directing the gassing of five million
> innocent men, women and children in 1941 still enjoy copyright
> protection today?

A large quantity of such documents is available at the "Dokuzentrum" (a
museum at the former Nazi parade ground) here in Nuremberg.  There is a
somewhat sombre description of the rise of the NS party, available in
both German and English.  Feel free to visit the museum on your next
visit to Europe if you're interested.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).