Re: Documentation for Texinfo - Sphinx

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Documentation for Texinfo - Sphinx
Date: Tue, 09 May 2017 23:53:01 -0400

[I sent this message a month but did not get a response.]

Would someone like to write an informal file of instructions for how to convert
Texinfo into Sphinx, which would cover the unusual constructs
as well as the usual ones?

In Texinfo we have rules about when to use @samp, when @code, when
@kbd, and when no markup.  The rules for sphinx, to get equivalent
results, might not be the same.  So this manual would need to explain
what to do.

We can't make Sphinx our choice unless we have this.

--
Dr Richard Stallman