[Gnu-music-discuss] Re: american chords [Was: lilypond and cygwin]

From: James Hammons
Subject: [Gnu-music-discuss] Re: american chords [Was: lilypond and cygwin]
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 11:18:18 -0700

> These are still used, but text spacing is currently broken.
> Look at the regression test: context with barengraver added.

Looking at the regression test page, it seems that *both* chordNameWordSpace
and textScriptWordSpace are broken.  If you look under "Chord names" you can
see that there is very little space between the 'C5-/maj7' and the 'Cm7'
chord symbols (the text spacing is of course broken as well, as you
mentioned).  Are these two linked somehow (i.e., fixing one fixes the
other)?

I do hope this gets fixed soon, as it can make the reading of certain chords
a bit difficult as evidenced in our good friend "Stand In The Congregation"
(attached).  On the first line there are three collisions (G/A & A7, Em/D &
D, A/D & D), three on the second line, and two on the third line.  The first
collision on the second line is pretty bad, as you have a chord that appears
to be G/BA7/C#!

-- Shamus

BTW, kudos to you & Han-Wen--the chord system is in really good shape now!