Re: [Gnu-music-discuss] Inheritance?

From: Scott Ballantyne
Subject: Re: [Gnu-music-discuss] Inheritance?
Date: 20 Sep 2000 15:27:04 -0000

> then this is equivalent to
>
>   \context Voice = DEFAULT <
>    \property Voice.XXX        = bla
>    \context Voice = VA { .. }
>    \context Voice = VB { .. }
>   >

> and XXX is modified in the DEFAULT voice context, but not in VA and
> VB. If you a setting to carry into all voices you 'd better do
>
>  \context Voice <
>    \property Staff.XXX  = bla
>    \context Voice = VA { .. }
>    \context Voice = VB { .. }
>   >

Ok, this enabled me to fix my problem, thanks Han-wen. Is there a way
to define defaults for various instances of a voice? For example, if I
wanted all instances of Voice VA to have stems up, and all instances
of a Voice VB to have stems down, is there a way to arrange for this
to be automatically inherited by the appropriate instance of each
voice?

Thanks,
sdb
--