Re: problems

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: problems
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 23:33:16 +0200

> The following .ly erves to demonstrate some of lily's current (1.3.95)
> errors:

>   \paper{
>     \translator{\HaraKiriLyricsVoiceContext}

Please tell us how you implemented this Context, otherwise we
can't provide any help on your first question.

> 1. Roy Rankin recently posted a mail that hara-kiri engraving for
>    LyricsVoice now works. Unfortunately this is not true in the case
>    of this example. There's still additional space between the first
>    system (with one ChoirStaff) and the second system (with two
>    ChoirStaffs). On the other hand, the hara-kiri engraving *does*
>    work if the \context ChoirStaff ... \context Staff ... is replaced
>    by \context Staff only.

> 2. The lyrics belonging to ChoirI are printed above the Staff instead
>    of below.

That's what you ask for, since you first define the three lyric voices
VoiceI-1, VoiceI-2 and VoiceI-3 above the staff. If you remove those
definitions, the lyric is printed below the staff.

> 3. The second repeat bar doesn't get printed (never).

This seems to be a common bug for all repeats without alternatives,
see for example input/test/repeat-volta.ly

> 4. There seems to be some asymmetry in the spacing between lyrics
>    lines and staff lines, namely the top lyrics line is much closer to
>    the upper staff than the bottom line to the lower staff in the
>    second system. Is there a clean solution to get more equal spacing?
>    (I know there are workarounds such as inserting empty lyrics.)

Just change the property LyricVoiceMinimumVerticalExtent
(see engraver.ly for the default definition).

> And then I have one more question:
>
> How can I influence the spacing between the two ChoirStaffs in the
> second system?

Using the same property.

    /Mats