lilypond-1.3.98 win32

From: James Hammons
Subject: lilypond-1.3.98 win32
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 17:00:35 -0700

Now that I've gotten it working again, lily seems to be having a few
problems with american-chords.ly:

C:\Temp\lilypond\Music>ly2dvi -P american-chords
ly2dvi (GNU LilyPond) 1.3.98.jcn1
executing: ash -c "lilypond  american-chords 2>&1"
lstat(/cygdrive) failed ...
/cygdrive: No such file or directory
GNU LilyPond 1.3.98.jcn1
Now processing: `american-chords.ly'
Parsing...warning: invalid subtraction: not part of chord: e
warning: invalid subtraction: not part of chord: e

Interpreting music...[6]
Preprocessing elements...
Calculating column positions... [3][6][7]
paper output to american-chords.tex...
Couldn't find property description for #'invisible-staff in element
description
VerticalAxisGroup. Perhaps you made a typing error?
Couldn't find property description for #'word-space in element description
Chord
Names. Perhaps you made a typing error?
Couldn't find property description for #'style in element description
ChordNames
. Perhaps you made a typing error?
Couldn't find property description for #'style in element description
ChordNames
. Perhaps you made a typing error?
This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (MiKTeX 1.20e)
(rest of output deleted)

Lily does produce output, however, even though she complains (as you can see
above).  Good news:  Chord name spacing works!  Yea!  Bad news:  Chord
symbols themselves don't come out quite right.  In no particular order:

1. The sharp sign in C#m.  Looks like it's subscripted (shouldn't be).  Same
with the flat sign in Dbdim.
2. The flat sign in Cmaj7b5 is too large (should be the same size as in C#m
and Dbdim in #1).
3. The slash in C-half-diminished-7th doesn't go through the circle (it
should).

I've been able to fix #1 & #2, but I'm not sure how to fix #3.  I've also
added the missing chord to american-chords.ly & chord-names.scm, as well as
implemented a "jazz" style since it's clear that one is needed.

-- Shamus