Re: miktex-cygwin+lily linkage problem (both ways)

From: James Hammons
Subject: Re: miktex-cygwin+lily linkage problem (both ways)
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 21:04:00 -0700

> As noted, lilypond-1.2.17.jcn1 can't find font cmr10.
> The cmr fonts are all there, in C:\texmf\fonts\... .pbf .tfm .mf .afm
>
> And, of course, the lilyponddefs.tex that latex can't find is there
> too, in C:\cygwin\usr\lilypond...\share\lilypond\tex
>
> Any ideas on how I get them to listen to each other?

IIRC, the old versions of lily required a symlink in the
lilypond-1.2.17.jcn1/share/lilypond called "cmtfm" which pointed to either
the directory where cmr10.tfm lived or the cmr10.tfm file itself (I think
it's the former).  JBR "solved" this problem by putting that entire
subdirectory (tfm/public/cm) inside share/lilypond and calling it "cmtfm"...
You'll need to create the symlink using bash (although you could create it
using notepad if you knew what you're doing).

I'm not sure what to do about the latex problem, though.  Mats?

-- Shamus