Re: \longa problem

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: \longa problem
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 11:35:07 +0100

> If I don't tell lily anything about the notehead style, when I enter a
> \longa I get a half note.  This seems wrong.

It used to be that you didn't get any note head at all
(since there is no longa in modern notation), only a
warning.

> If I tell it to use baroque notehead style, I get what I expect, but
> there are error messages.  When I use the syntax from the reference
> manual:
>       \property Voice.noteHeadStyle = #'baroque
>
> I get an error message saying:

This is just a warning.

> noteHeadStyle is deprecated. Use
>  \property Thread.NoteHead \push #'style = #baroque
>
> But if I do that, lily crashes and says:
>
> Parsing...Backtrace:
> 0* baroque
>
> ERROR: In expression baroque:
> ERROR: Unbound variable: baroque

I guess that the warning is wrong and should say
 \property Thread.NoteHead \push #'style = #'baroque

but when I try that syntax, nothing happens.
I thought I understood how to use this new property
mechanism, but apparently I don't.
Han-Wen and Jan, can you help us, for example by
updating the different example files such as
input/test/noteheadstyle.ly, to the new syntax.
I must say that I don't understand much of the
new backend documentation either.

   /Mats