incipit problems (both bug reports and questions)

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: incipit problems (both bug reports and questions)
Date: 29 Oct 2000 12:58:12 -0500

I'm attempting to do an incipit, with information about the original
clef and the range of the part.  I'm having a couple of problems:

Here's my test file:

<bug report>
I tried:
\clef "C1";

and it printed a treble clef, instead of a C clef on the first line.

<bug report>
\property Staff.fullSizeChanges = ##t
\clef treble;

This doesn't seem to be causing the treble clef to be full size.

<bug report>
When I try to push and pop the Voice.stem lenth property, I get a
syntax error:

incipit.ly:15:28: error: parse error:
\property Voice.stem = \push
                             *'length = #0

incipit.ly:15:37: error: Have to be in Lyric mode for lyrics:

<bug report>
I attempted to verify that this wasn't user error by processing the
les-nereides.ly, which is where I got the syntax from, but I got an
error on that before it even gets to the stem popping and pushing:
executing: lilypond  les-nereides.ly 2>&1
GNU LilyPond 1.3.99.
Now processing: `les-nereides.ly'
Parsing...Backtrace:
0* ifndef

ERROR: In expression ifndef:
ERROR: Unbound variable: ifndef
ly2dvi: LilyPond failed: lilypond  les-nereides.ly 2>&1

So then I used:

\property Voice.stemLength = #0
<g'4 g''4>

<possible bug report; otherwise question>
This still prints a stem between the two notes of the range.  I'd
rather have two quarter notes with no stem at all.

<question>
I have:

\property Staff.fontSize = 0
\property Staff.fullSizeChanges = ##t
\clef treble;

Shouldn't the treble clef happen after the bar?  It happens before it.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139