Re: left parenthesis in lyrics

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: left parenthesis in lyrics
Date: 04 Nov 2000 11:11:25 -0500

    >> How do I get one?  If I just put it in in lyrics mode, I get an error:
    >>
    >> nobreak.ly:22:10: warning: Junking request: `Span_req':
    >> But this (
    >> a-  las) o would  _   _   _   _  have kild mee doe not doubt  _  you;

    Mats> Try to include them in double quotes:
    Mats> But this "(a-"  "las)" o would ...

Thanks, that works.  You don't actually need the one around the right
paren; only the left one.

    Mats> This is really a bug, you never want a slur in a
    Mats> lyrics line, do you?

*I* don't.  I guess I can imagine lyrics that were some complicated
mathematical equation, but surely math mode in TeX would take care of
that, wouldn't it?

(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139