Re: help

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: help
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 16:10:50 +0100

> Hi,
> I am just typesetting a score and I faced the following problem. The
> author (J.G.Lickl) used thorough bass (bezifferter Bass) in organo
> staff, which I have to reproduce correctly. It can be done - as far as
> I understand lilypond accurately - by using a superscript
> '^"<digit>"'. Unfortunately the author also often uses special
> characters in this context like "#" and "b". How can these special
> characters be typesetted correctly as a "sharp" and "flat" sign? I
> am looking forward to your answer,
> Thanks,
> G. Redey

I've used ^"\\textsharp" and ^"\\textflat", respectively, see
the example file mutopia/gallina.ly.
However, now with the new font selection mechanism of version
1.3.100 and newer, it should be possible to do something like
(untested):
^\textscript #'(music (named "accidentals-1"))
and
^\textscript #'(music (named "accidentals--1"))
respectively.

(Implementors: This mechanism calls for more user-friendly
names of each symbol, the information is already in the .mf
files, one way would be to generate Scheme association lists
for the symbol names from the .mf files.)

     /Mats