Re: Professional ???

From: Timothy S. Nelson
Subject: Re: Professional ???
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 14:04:58 +1100 (EST)

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, rxf wrote:

> Hello,
> I am a composer of contemporary music (it's my job)
>
> How about an professional use of TeX for Music ? and not just
> for score so simple than all your exemples (it's an another performance
> to copie score of Boulez or Stockhausen ...)
> On this, I permit to send a mail to you because I never see anything
> about it
> in mailling list. In fact, does music with Tex is just for fun or
> serious ??
>
> I was working with Tex long time ago at university. I am not afraid
> about this kind of languge BUT i need to know if it's usable seriously.
> You know, it's a matter of time beetwen to learn an result.
> (I am tied of Final / I don't need midi things / I need to print exactly
> what I want / etc ...).

        Well, I find it does what I want, but I'm just after Psalm tunes
(although I am kinda picky about how they get laid out :) ).  But one of the
things I particularly like about it at the moment is that it is still
evolving, so if it didn't do quite what I wanted just now, it would soon
:).  I'll leave others to speak about whether it's good for large complex
scores, since I know there are others who know more about this than me :).

        :)

| Name: Tim Nelson                 | Because the Creator is,        |
| E-mail: address@hidden | I am                           |
Web: Temporarily unavailable