GNU FDL License on Mutopia

From: Chris Sawer
Subject: GNU FDL License on Mutopia
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 21:52:28 GMT

I've had a submission to Mutopia which the submitter requested be
placed under the GNU FDL (Free Documentation License). As we currently
don't accept music placed under this license on Mutopia I thought I'd
better see what the views of other people on the mailing list are about
it. The license can be found at:

http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

I personally don't think it's suitable, as it is not designed for music
or writing in general - it's designed specifically for documentation.
As such, it says absolutely nothing about performance, etc.

Apart from anything else, the copyright/license notice wouldn't fit in
LilyPond's tagline :-P

As always, comments and suggestions are welcome.

Chris

--

Chris Sawer - address@hidden - Mutopia Maintainer