Re: Size Reductions

From: Timothy S. Nelson
Subject: Re: Size Reductions
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 16:57:19 +1100 (EST)

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

> Use the flags to dvips to select which pages to include in
> the Postscript file:
> -A              Print only odd pages
> -B              Print only even pages
> -pp2-4,17-31    Print only pages 2-4 and 17-31, for example

        Incidentally, if you're willing to use PS, you need the psutils
package (I forget where it is, but dig it out).  A quote from the pstops (ps
to ps) man page:

       Pstops rearranges pages from a PostScript document, creat<AD>
       ing  a  new  PostScript  file.   The input PostScript file
       should follow the Adobe Document Structuring  Conventions.
       Pstops  can be used to perform a large number of arbitrary
       re-arrangements  of  Documents,  including  arranging  for
       printing  2-up, 4-up, booklets, reversing, selecting front
       or back sides of documents, scaling, etc.

        There are various other PS utils, but these seem to do most
things.  I'd also recommend ghostview (or something equivalent; it's a
graphical PS viewer) to those who don't have it.

        Hope this is useful :).

| Name: Tim Nelson                 | Because the Creator is,        |
| E-mail: address@hidden | I am                           |
Web: Temporarily unavailable