Re: Once again I don't understand...

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Once again I don't understand...
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 17:05:58 +0100

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> BTW, maybe we should change the naming from interface to something
> else, since BarNumber doesn't "implement an interface". An "interface"
> is just a group of functions and variables.  A few of those are
> combined to form the BarNumber, so it's really the otehr way around:
> side-position-interface implements BarNumber.

Yeah, I am used to the Java-namings...
But then...
If it is the interfaces that contain the variables and setting i.e.
NoteHead.font-name affects a variable (font-name) in the font-interface,
then how is it determined which interface to use when multiple
interfaces have the same variable?
I.e. when setting NoteHead.font-relative-size, how is it determined
whether it is the font-relative-size of the font-interface or of the
general-grob-interface that is changed?

> What's a better name for this?  Something like "building block"

How about "behaviour", "conduct" or "conductor"?

-Rune