solfege 0.7.37

From: Tom Cato Amundsen
Subject: solfege 0.7.37
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 19:06:25 +0100

I won't make it a habit announcing all releases here, but since
the bug forking and not killing processes is fixed, I'd like to
hear if there are more problems, and if the program runs on other
unixes.

tarball: ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/solfege

0.7.37: March 10, 2001
        * src/dataparser.py: fix to make include(filename) work with python2.
        Compile re.compile operator_re only once

        * mpd/parser.py(Lexer): compile the re's only once. (6% speedup to
        parse_to_score_object)

        * fixed bad URLs in INSTALL and welcome.html

        * ran python with -tt options and fixed some inconsistent use
        of tabs and spaces

        * soundcard/midifilesynth.py: an os.wait(pid) call fixed the problem
        with processed not being killed properly.

0.7.36: March 8, 2001
        * Oliver Vollmer: updated german translations.

        * debian/rules: don't include INSTALL in /usr/share/doc/solfege

        * debian/copyright: fixed url of homepage.

        * soundcard/midifilesynth.py(play_track): Mats Bengtsson noticed
        that Solfege will fork a new process each time it run the external
        midiplayer program, and will eventually eat up too much resources.
        This because I don't have a clue about threading, multiple
        processes and fork/kill/execl. The kill call didn't kill it properly.

        So we are back to using os.system for now. The function using fork
        and execlp is still in midifilesynth.py if someone want to fix it.

        * friendlier error messages if the sound card is not setup
        or if the device is busy and used by another app.

        * converted README to texinfo, small adjustment of what goes into
        INSTALL and README

        * Corrected the key binding listing in the doco for chord exercise.

        * Some new lesson files for the chord exercise from Giovanni
        Chierico: altered-1 altered-2 diatonic-1 diatonic-2

--
Tom Cato Amundsen <address@hidden>
GNU Solfege - free eartraining, http://www.gnu.org/software/solfege/