For 1.4 release

From: Roy . Rankin
Subject: For 1.4 release
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 19:08:08 +1100 (EST)

I would like the following issues resolved prior to 1.4.

I have two issues with (de)crescendo.

The first I have not raised because the to-do list mentions placement of
dynamics. The (de)crescendo are shifted to the right so they start
after the first note, ie I see

rather than

..

The second is that if a (de)crescendo is inforce across a line break,
it starts as a new (de)crescendo rather than continuing as it did in
1.2.

The second thing I would like to see is lyric spacing fix when a \_ is
in the lyrics (I submitted a patch for this).

Mats Bengtsson's comment

>The idea was that, for example, \"{a} or \underline{word} should
>get the correct size. Of course, the size of other commands, like
>\LaTeX, will not get the size but I thinks it's better to underestimate
>than to overestimate since you could always add a few spaces at the
>end of the syllable if you get a collision.

As ALL characters after a \ up until the first space (or {}) are
currently ignored in computing the string length, quite a few spaces may
be required to prevent collisions.  Surely it is far better to handle
\_ and the escape sequences for accents properly.

Regards,
Roy Rankin