LilyPond 1.3.148

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: LilyPond 1.3.148
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 12:12:50 +0200

``Lily Wins on Windows

--FOR-IMMEDIATE-RELEASE--

Until now, installing LilyPond on Windows was almost a dull process
that could easily be automated and scripted. This meant that you would
have more time left for actual work, and we all know that's not what
computers were designed for.

Well, that kind of scary automating is no longer necessary! Also, it's
no longer needed to download tarballs or move all sorts of files
around. Sometimes, the automagical breaking while unpacking process
would even install flawlessly, and you had to break it yourself by
flattening the LilyPond tarball.

Our specially formed Windows support task force has, after thoroughly
investigating your particular needs as an individual user, formuled
the revolutionary new concept of one-size-fits-all software, and
delivered way before schedule.

With the upcoming LilyPond-1.4 release, we have innovated agressively,
by copying and mutilating Cygwin's Windows installer. No difficult
checksums or signatures. Enjoy the the thrills of running untrusted
binaries with adminstrator rights, on your painfully firewalled
intranet.

We proudly present our Gourmet-click-de-luxe install: offering at
least 32 totally unnecessary clicks, before you can actually run
LilyPond. This includes a nice and warm welcome click:

        GNU LilyPond Setup

           Version x.y
           (C) Red Hat and us

               [N]ext->

and of course, especially for all people with an exceptionally fine
developed Windows taste, the maybe even more hollow message that tells
us there's nothing to be told, really:

        GNU LilyPond Setup

           Installation completed.

               [O]k

Yes, that's right. Farewell smooth nightly upgrades. Even a click at
the very end is required, so that you actually feel very useful
babysitting the whole process. Try it. You will agree that with this
new innovative installer we have truly reached the holy grail of user
friendliness.''

(Surf to and download http://appel.lilypond.org/lilypond/gnu-windows/setup.exe)

1.3.147.jcn2
============

* Fixed windows documentation.

* Filled in tutorial section on windows.

* Ly2dvi: don't use posix file utilities if we have python >= 1.5.2.

* Included additional cygwin login and wrapper scripts.

* Added cygwin path conversion to file-path.cc, to get output in cwd.
After upgrading cross compilation environment to cygwin-1.1.8-2, it
seems that these are no longer necessary; disabled by default.

1.3.147.mb1
============

* Glossary and refman fixes

1.3.147.lec1
============
* abc2ly fixes:

        - Remove $ from voice names.

        - Fix problem with full names of modes

* added documentation of major limitations of abc2ly to
  converters.itely.

* added documentation of %%LY to converters.itely.

1.3.147.hwn1

* refman fixes.

* Spelling fixes in .scm files: change equaliser to equalizer

* Add music properties to generated documentation.