Re: LilyPond 1.3.148

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: LilyPond 1.3.148
Date: 19 Apr 2001 15:41:08 +0200

Jérémie Lumbroso <address@hidden> writes:

> > Of course, if you volounteer, it'd be great.
> I'd be glad to do this.

That would be very nice.  Please check out my last effort, at

but you can also get it by just re-running setup.exe.

You'll have to look at /etc/postinstall first, and probably also at
/etc/profile.d scripts.  The sources of all these scripts are in the
jcn1 source tarball.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

> But does this mean I have to test i- t too?

Nah, just make sure it works.

> Oh well... What should I be doing.  And when you say
> you don't want to support such a thing, is it because you t-
> hink it's un-ethical to play around with one's registry ;-)?

No, just because it causes extra work, that can be done by somebody
else (eg, the windows python, miktex developers).  I must have
misunderstood Mats, when I thought that both you and Mats wanted
automagical install of python, miktex et al from tarballs.

Anyway, it looks like most of the effort will be to `find the
installation directories', and `get it to work'.  This is needed also
when we rely on user installation of the packages.

> *sigh*
> I downloaded 25 Mb of binaries and sources that are just cl-
> uttering my hard-drive, wasting space?  Does this mean that

Have you seen the doco at:

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter       |