Number of Staff Lines (Was: Re: Lily and petrucci (whaddapair!))

From: Juergen Reuter
Subject: Number of Staff Lines (Was: Re: Lily and petrucci (whaddapair!))
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 10:35:33 +0200

> > For the number of staff lines, have you looked at
> > input/regression/number-staff-lines.ly?
> >

> Not before now. Would you check the output of ancient-fonts.ly and see
> if you get four lines for the top staff? number-staff-lines.ly does make
> a single 3-line staff just fine. But ancient-fonts turned out two fives,
> as I said, on my machine.

Right.  This is a known problem that I've reported a while ago.
However, it is not that serious, since it only occurs if you try to
put staffs with different numbers of staff lines into the same staff
group.  This bug was introduced (if I remember right, but I may
be wrong) somewhere between 1.4.90 and 1.4.120.  I guess it is some
problem in the order initialization: lily might encounter the
property when it's already too late and the number of staff lines
has already been decided to be set to a different value.

Greetings,
           Juergen