Migration issues from 1.2.17 to 1.4.2

From: David Symonds
Subject: Migration issues from 1.2.17 to 1.4.2
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 16:09:09 +1000 (EST)

Hello all,

Firstly, I'm not subscribed to this list (I can't handle the traffic ;-<
), so could you please Cc: any responses to <address@hidden>. Thankyou.

I've just switched from using lilypond 1.2.7 to 1.4.2, and am now
converting several .ly files. I have been able to deal with most issues,
but there are a few outstanding ones I can't seem to find information
about in the documentation:

        * Chord names: when the chord name has a sharp or a flat, the
                accidental is printed subscript, rather than
                superscript. How do I fix this?
        * Things get rather crowded; there is almost no gap between the
                composer and the chord names for the first line, and
                chords are "colliding". Not so much colliding, as just
                getting within a few pixels of each other, especially with
                inversions. e.g.
                        \chords { a4.:min g4/+b c4. }
                ends up like "Am  G/BC".

Other than these two minor issues, I've found lilypond to be an excellent
piece of software. Thankyou all lilypond developers!

David Symonds
(address@hidden)