Re: Re[2]: .ly templates?

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Re[2]: .ly templates?
Date: 12 Jul 2001 15:30:42 +0200

Jérémie Lumbroso <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all,

[thanks for sending this here]

>    For  the  Windows  users  on  this  list   (I  know  this
>    represents  I  tiny  percent  of users), I've started the
>    recreation  of  a  personal  program  I made for myself a
>    short  while  ago.

Nice to see that.

>    Please, I really need all the advice I can get, so please
>    take the time to download it at :
>      http://www.lumbroso.fr/LilyWizard.zip

First impression from the screenshot you sent me: Wow!  On second
thought: Oh, but this probably just does:

    choice = dialog.read ();
    switch choice
       case MELODY:
          f = open ("/usr/share/lilypond/template/melody.ly");
       case SONG:
          f = read ("/usr/share/lilypond/template/melody-lyrics.ly");
    s = f.read ();
    print (s);

On third thought: Hmm, why is this an advantage over

    C-xi /usr/share/lilypond/template/melody.ly

Oh well, whatever makes u[sers] happy.  If this application is found
useful, espcially if it's smarter than my case statement above, please
consider writing it in a python script (think: ly-gen song), with a
(separate) pygtk frontend if you want a gui and have it
cross-platform, so we can include it in lilypond.

Jan.