Re: difficulties with 1.4.5/cygwin

From: William R. Brohinsky
Subject: Re: difficulties with 1.4.5/cygwin
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 12:25:14 -0400

This:

address@hidden ~$ sh
\[\033]0;address@hidden \[\033[33m\w\033[0m\]$ exit
address@hidden ~$

The string before the 'exit' replaces the 'address@hidden ~$'
string, and can be found verbatim in the login profile script.

I believe that I did mention that if I ran ly2dvi --verbose and selected
the entire string following the invoking, which includes the sh -c
command, that it worked fine, as far as it could. None of the special
features that ly2dvi provide, like title, composer, etc, get into the
resulting file. But at least it runs.

Of course, running it from the command line doesn't give me the return
that sh supplies, but it doesn't seem likely that it would work from the
command line and return anything other than 0, unless lilypond returns
an error from not having all the -H's defined, and sh picks that up and
returns it to ly2dvi, although I suppose lilypond could run, produce the
output files, and still return an error.

This is why I'm so confused: I can run the same command that ly2dvi.py
says it is trying to run. For me, from the command line, it works. For
ly2dvi, it fails.

raybro