lilypond for windows trouble shooting update suggestions.

From: Alan
Subject: lilypond for windows trouble shooting update suggestions.
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 21:24:12 +0100

Thanks for providing the windows binary, im glad to see more GNU
software projects embracing and extending MS Windows.

Here are some updates for the FAQ.
http://lilypond.org/wiki/?TroubleshootingWindows

FAQ:

I'd prefer an MS-DOS shell. How can I do this?
To use MS-DOS you must start bash, and at the prompt type: command.com
This gives you both Cygwin and MS-DOS.

Just above this in the FAQ it says that "ls -1" is the effectively the
same as dir.  It was not clear to me at first what this meant.  I use
bash quite a bit and i thought it was a lowercase 'L'.  I suggest the
following be added just after it.
NB That is the number one, #1, not a lowercase 'L'.

On the mailing list page
http://lilypond.org/development/Documentation/out-www/index.html#mailing-lists
it says to ready the "very FAQ" first, but i get a Not Found error
message.
http://lilypond.org/development/Documentation/out-www/Documentation/topdocs/out-www/FAQ.html

Best of Luck

Sincerely