Pedal marking positions

From: Michael Ossmann
Subject: Pedal marking positions
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 16:28:44 -0600

I've been trying to use sustain pedal markings with 1.4.6
but have been running into vertical positioning problems.
The markings are positioned relative to the notes they are
attached to rather than to the staff.  This is perfect for
horizontal positioning, but the markings should be all at
the same vertical position relative to the staff.

I tried using "\property Staff.SustainPedal \override
#'padding = #20", which created an obvious difference, but
each mark was still positioned relative to the note.

I would like to find a way to get all the markings in one
horizontal line without having to adjust the padding for
each individual mark.

Any suggestions?  Is this a bug?

Thanks,

Mike Ossmann