gnu-regexp-users

[Regexp] Collation elements

From: Buggy Code
Subject: [Regexp] Collation elements
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 13:17:41 +1000

Hi

Confused here with multi character collating elements.
I keep reading the man pages, MYSQL documentation, etc that the following should result in at least a match:
[[.ch.]]*c  chchchc
However the GNU regex.h include in my test program and the MySQL statement:
SELECT xField from x where xField regexp "[[.ch.]]" (the field in question containing chchchc)
fail to compile. As far as I understand, this should be valid syntax.
Whats wrong here?

Thank for any help
Buggy