Copyright assigments for the GNU system.

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Copyright assigments for the GNU system.
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 01:47:56 +0200

Hi,

[this is mostly for rms]

this might be a bit early, but it will still have to be done some day.
How should copyright assigments be handled for the GNU system? By GNU
system I mean tools like the package manager/builder, installer, etc.
Not things like GCC, Emacs, etc.  In short, tools that we will
develop.

Should it be one project that people assign their copyright for, or
several small ones?  The latter might be more work for the FSF staff,
I don't know.

How should things that we canniablaise from other projects be handled?
Like right now I'm cannabialising Nick Moffitt's code from GAR.  The
code I will write will be easy to transfer the copyright for, but I
have no idea about Nick's code... Haven't asked him yet either.

Happy hacking.