Re: about GNU Hurd

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: about GNU Hurd
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 03:00:18 +0200

   You're right. Working on a short-term version and a long-term version in
   parallel is not absurd, IF you already have a complete, usable, stable
   system and people are using it.

   That isn't the case with the Hurd. Not many people use it, and not many
   people will use it until the improvements come that will only come with
   major progress. Supporting legacy development just splits your resources and
   makes it so the inevitable takes longer.

Once again, I totally agree with you and I repeat, till we
fix/focus on our organizational problems, nothing good can emerge
from current development (sorry to think/to say that, it is not
targeted at current active Hurd developers).

        Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org
http://www.april.org